[luau] Re: Printer Networking issue

al plant webmaster at hawaiidakine.com
Thu May 16 12:00:48 PDT 2002

The penguin wrote:

> what kind of pringer do you have?
> i am also a PPP user and this is how i am sending mail right now. (I'm on RH
> 7.2)
> > Warren,
> >
> > Let me know when we have our next Install Fest scheduled.
> > The last one was great. I think we all learned a lot. I have
> > some sound, PPP dialup  and printer issues to get working
> > properly in Red Hat Linux and FreeBSD.
> >
> > Aloha! Al Plant -Webmaster http://hawaiidakine.com
> > Providing FAST DSL Service for $28.80/mo.  Member Small
> > Business Hawaii.
> > Running Caldera Linux 2.4 & FreeBSD 4.4 UNIX
> > Support Open Source in Business and Computing. Phone
> > 808-622-0043

Hi penguin,

I am trying to get  a RH 7.2 box and several BSD 4.5 boxes
to network to my Caldera 2.4 print server that connects to a
HP laserjet. I had success with RH 7.1, and another CAldera
2.4 box , but the newer install of RH 7.2 won't find the
network printer on the Caldera box nor will my FreeBSD 4.5
boxes find it.

It's usually a printcap file issue but I havent found out
the problem yet.