[luau] NEWS: MSNBC Reviews AbiWord

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Wed May 15 01:11:47 PDT 2002

http://www.msnbc.com/news/751496.asp?0si=-&cp1=1
Gary Krakow of MSNBC Reviews AbiWord

 May 13 -  It works on most major OS platforms and supports many languages;
it's able to read and write most documents in Microsoft Word's .doc format,
as well as twenty others; its authors claim it can do most of what Word can;
and best of all it's free. It's been in the works for years, but is AbiWord
really that good?

 AbiWord did exactly what I wanted it to. I've played with the processor in
Windows (2000 and XP) plus two flavors of Linux (Lycoris and RedHat) and
have encountered no problems whatsoever. I can happily report that documents
saved in the .doc format in AbiWord (Linux or Win32) open with ease in Word
XP, and vice versa. With the addition of some modules if you need them,
AbiWord could easily become your favorite word processor.

(continued in article)