[luau] Hawaii Schools Customer Satisfaction Survey

Taylor Cody Civ SAIC/PETS Cody.Taylor at hickam.af.mil
Thu May 9 15:11:53 PDT 2002

I thought this may be of interest to some of the folks at[luau]so im passing
it along.  This is a survey initiated by the Commander-in-Chief (CINCPAC)to
"measure the perceptions regarding our military dependent children's
education in Hawaii.". There are four surveys, and a comments page.  I
thought this could be a good place for people to bring up the M$ -vs- open
source/free software decision.  Im a single guy so im not an authority here,
but im pretty sure Hawaii didn't see allot of money for the schools this
year.  There are plenty of schools around the world setting precedents for
open source software every day.  If there is ever a need for volunteers I am
positive I can round up a herd of Airman.  The USAF encourages
charity/volunteer work and they even have a Volunteer Medal for incentive.
I was an Airman not so long ago and not only was I allowed time off to set
up computers for local schools and the Make a Wish Foundation, but I was
rewarded regularly for it.  Just something to remember if volunteers become
hard to find...
 The survey can be found at: www.hawaii-survey.com