[luau] WordPerfect for Linux

Joe Linux joelinux at earthlink.net
Wed May 8 16:34:40 PDT 2002

My belief is that a CodeWeaver or some sort of Wine version of the
Latest WP release would probably be best unless the actual version for
Linux is improved. I'm only interested in the Word Processor and nothing
else they have.  I prefer Gimp over Corel Photo Paint, and kdraw or
whatever is probably as good as Corel Draw anyway.  Corel Draw was
overly complex and nowhere near as good as a little program I used on
the Macintosh called "Intellidraw."  Intellidraw was so good that Adobe
bought them out and took it off the market.  Why is it that some of the
very finest software tends to disappear?

I know what I'm talking about when it comes to Intellidraw vs. Corel
Draw.  I tried to duplicate some of my Intellidraw projects in Corel
Draw.  It could be done, but it was much harder to achieve equally good
results.