[luau] MPLUG Transition - Help Needed

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Thu May 2 03:37:01 PDT 2002

I am finally moving the entire MPLUG website from Mid-Pacific Campus
onto Videl at the University of Hawaii.  We had some severe problems
with network, firewall and power reliability at Mid-Pac so this is a
very good time for the move.

The hardest part of the transition is the Wiki.  The database format
changed drastically since the old version running on mplug.org, so
everything needs to be copied and pasted manually.

This is where you can help.  If you have time, please help transition
missing pages from the old Wiki to new Wiki.  If you see improvements in
the documentation or new pages that should be written, please feel free
to write it yourself.  Please inform the mailing list of large
additions/changes so we can peer review it.

Old Wiki
http://www.mplug.org/phpwiki/
New Wiki
http://videl.ics.hawaii.edu/~mplug/phpwiki/

***WIKI Transition Guidelines***
If you copy & paste from the old Wiki to new Wiki, be sure the following
conditions are met.
1. Turn off "Use new markup language" because it breaks some of the old
Wiki links.
2. When you Edit a page, use a login name like FirstLast, with no
password. It must have two words or more, separated by capital letters
and with no spaces within.

In general, much of the Wiki Documentation is either missing or not yet
written.  Please lend a hand if you have the time and expertise.  Once
the new Wiki is in good shape, I will move the DNS pointer and MPLUG
will be much more reliable.

Warren Togami
warren at togami.com