[luau] RedHat networking

al plant webmaster at hawaiidakine.com
Fri Mar 29 16:09:43 PST 2002

Hi,

Yesterday at the mplug install fest thanks to help from
Julio and Ray we installed RedHat 7.2 on my backup box.
Seems to work ok.

I need to configure the software to work the network card
and I don't know if there is a RedHat tool that does this.
Setup tool doesn't seem to do it. Placing the correct
parameters for the card into ifconfig should, but its not
the same setup as I use in FreeBSD. I tried a command line
entry icfconfig, but got errors Unknown interface, No such
device and Hostname look up failure. The file structure is
slightly different than BSD also I haven't used RedHat for
years and need some pointers.

Where do I set up the card parameters under RedHat? They
should be irq 10 and i/o 0x300

Can any of you RedHat Gurus help me here?

 Aloha! Al Plant -Webmaster http://hawaiidakine.com
Providing FAST DSL Service for $28.80/mo.  Member Small
Business Hawaii.
Running Caldera Linux 2.4 & FreeBSD 4.4 UNIX
Support Open Source in Business and Computing. Phone
808-622-0043