[luau] libxml.so.2

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Fri Mar 29 14:03:35 PST 2002

On Fri, 2002-03-29 at 11:28, Jon Reynolds wrote:
> Can anyone help me find this package(libxml.so.2) for rh7.2? I have been
> looking for it but cant seem to find it.
>
> TIA,
>
> Jon

I don't have Red Hat 7.2 installed anymore, but it may be one of these
two package names (though older versions).  Do you have your RHN
entitled?  Simply "up2date libxml" and/or "up2date libxml2" will do the
right thing and install it for you.

Name        : libxml                       Relocations: (not
relocateable)
Version     : 1.8.17                            Vendor: Red Hat, Inc.
Release     : 3                             Build Date: Thu 28 Feb 2002
10:22:32 AM HST
Install date: Sun 24 Mar 2002 10:58:54 AM HST      Build Host:
porky.devel.redhat.com
Group       : System Environment/Libraries   Source RPM:
libxml-1.8.17-3.src.rpm
Size        : 601347                           License: LGPL
Packager    : Red Hat, Inc. <http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla>
URL         : http://rpmfind.net/veillard/XML/
Summary     : An XML library.
Description :
The libxml package contains an XML library, which allows you to
manipulate XML files. XML (eXtensible Markup Language) is a data
format for structured document interchange via the Web.

Name        : libxml2                      Relocations: /usr
Version     : 2.4.18                            Vendor: Red Hat, Inc.
Release     : 4                             Build Date: Fri 22 Mar 2002
06:07:48 AM HST
Install date: Wed 27 Mar 2002 05:19:27 PM HST      Build Host:
daffy.perf.redhat.com
Group       : Development/Libraries         Source RPM:
libxml2-2.4.18-4.src.rpm
Size        : 1000145                          License: MIT
Packager    : Red Hat, Inc. <http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla>
URL         : http://xmlsoft.org/
Summary     : Library providing XML and HTML support.
Description :
This library lets you manipulate XML files. It includes support to
read, modify, and write XML and HTML files. It has DTD support,
including parsing and validation, even with complex DTDs. The output
can be a simple SAX stream or an in-memory DOM like representation.
In this case you can use the built-in XPath and XPointer
implementation to select subnodes or ranges. A flexible Input/Output
mechanism is available, with existing HTTP and FTP modules and
combined to an URI library.