[luau] Road Runner

Mark Kellman mark_kellman at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 28 20:30:39 PST 2002

Update the Kernel.  Yep, that was the end of it.  After updating the Kernel,
my eth0 connected after booting with no additional configurations.  My
thanks to all of those who helped.  Specifically, thank you to Ray and
Warren for their patience, insight, and instruction.  Thank you to Charles
for re-installing RH (for the 5th time!). I highly recommend to everyone to
participate in the user group meetings.  It was the collaboration from which
everyone benefitted.

I really enjoyed meeting a lot of people at these past two meetings.
Everyone was curious, and I think that the solution reinforced some of the
basics, and answered many questions for people getting to know Linux.

BTW, my box has new hardware in it, and although updating the Kernel sounded
like an easy fix, it wasn't.  Warren did an outstanding job working through
the issues.  Also, using up2date was so simple that even I was able to
update all the necessary packages without a problem.  Wow, RH sure has
figured that one out!!!!!

I can't thank MPLUG enough!  See you guys at the next meeting.

Regards,
Mark