[luau] Re: Gnome doesn't load at bootup

Ray Strode halfline at hawaii.rr.com
Wed Mar 27 13:13:16 PST 2002

>I do have the HOSTNAME=localhost.localdomain, but this line added a new line
>to the /etc/sysconfig/network file like this
>HOSTNAME=sdjf9w28435y3r09uwef.hawaii.rr.com
>(P.S. I guess I did not know what backticks are per your earlier message,
>but I've figured it out now. 8)

Well, actually I did mean single quotes.  The backticks will work as
long as your
ip never changes, but if you use single quotes, then it should work
every time.
In other words, I wanted that line added to the bottom of the file.   I
could be
wrong tho.  At any rate, try reinstalling initscripts, because they seem
to be
not working right.

--Ray