[luau] cursed kernel panic

R Scott Belford sctinc at mac.com
Wed Mar 27 10:55:39 PST 2002

I have installed rhat 7.2 on an athlon based motherboard.  I expected to
have trouble booting after installation.  I did, but I can't solve the
problem.  I get a message while the kernel is booting that there is a
Kernel Panic and that I should try passing init= to the kernel.  I did,
but I didn't know what to make init equal to.  I read that I should type
linux noathlon at my lilo prompt.  This did not help.  I tried putting a
space in between the no and the athlon.  No go.  Any suggestions?

scott