[luau] Connecting NT from Gnome

Ralph Miranda dragonhawk007 at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 26 08:46:40 PST 2002

Is there anyway I can Mount NT hardware while I'm still in Gnome?  I'm using
the dual operating system..  with Windows 2000 on half and the other half
has Mandrake 8.1

NT hardware?  You can mount NTFS partitions as read-only, if you
specifically compile support for it into the kernel (or as a module).

Then you just do

mount [partition] [mount point] -t ntfs -oro

ex
mount /dev/hda1 /mnt/windows -t ntfs -oro

--Ray

Ray ~ ~
Most of this is all Greek to me.  But I do know that my files are NTFS, I
set it up that way.  What I don't understand is how do I find out what the
{partition} and {mount point} is?  and how do I find the information so I
could do this?  I hate logging in and out going from one operating system to
another.  I also, don't mind my NT being read-only.  I don't have a problem
with that.

Thank you,
Ralph