[luau] ctrl-alt-del and kvm switches

R Scott Belford sctinc at mac.com
Sat Mar 23 18:35:15 PST 2002

It's a funny thing while it happens.  It's funnier afterwards.  After
installing a little extra ram in a novell server earlier today, the bios
let me know about the cas latency or something another.  I quickly
pressed ctrl-alt-del to get back in to the bios to straighten it out.
No response from the server, but...wait....I used the right keyboard
didn't I (panic panic panic) Quickly I unplug the monitor and plug it in
to the most important linux box hosting many important and LIVE
applications.  XFS shutting down, .... shutting down.  Oh the horror of
idiocy.  I of course bought a kvm switch weeks ago to prevent this,
keyboard amnesia, from happening.  Just been waiting for the right time
to put it in.  Boy did I find the right time today.  No harm, it's all
good, and most funny.