[luau] Road Runner

Ray Strode halfline at hawaii.rr.com
Fri Mar 22 20:12:28 PST 2002

> I will be disconnecting my RR and will try the suggestions.  I'll let
> you know as soon as I know something.  BTW, I don't really
> understand what most people are writing.  Please include step by step
> information as if I am a newbie.

Sorry,

Go through the steps you've gone through previously, so that
netstat -rn
shows the same routing table that it did in your previous mail, then ....

If you are in KDE, press CTRL-ALT-F1.  This should make the screen go to
text mode, where you can login as root.  Once you've logged in to root
Type this at the prompt:

echo "namesever 24.25.227.34" > /etc/resolv.conf

Note one greater than sign.

echo "nameserver 24.25.227.36" >> /etc/resolv.conf

Note TWO greater than signs.

echo "search hawaii.rr.com" >> /etc/resolv.conf

Note TWO greater than signs.

Now press CTRL-ALT F7 (or possibly F6 or F8) and your KDE session should
come back.  Tell me if internet works then.

--Ray