[luau] localhost connections

whenever whatever at whoever.net
Wed Mar 20 19:48:01 PST 2002

layer 3(network) is where your connection happens, layer 2(data link) is
where arp is at, would it try to resolve a MAC for the localhost ? most
likely not since there's no MAC for lo(loopback) interface. I don't think it
will touch layer 1 (physical) since it doesn't need to transmitt over a media.

I would guess layer 2 at the most.