[luau] Internet Connection Trouble

Ralph Miranda dragonhawk007 at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 20 10:21:33 PST 2002

I have no browser connection for my Linux (Mandrake/Gnome) I tried to
configure but came up with the message:  "insmod'in module 3c59x failed at
/usr/lib/libDraxX/modules.pm line 532"

i've not really used the Drak Setup tools stuff, but after that happens what
does /sbin/lsmod show?
<answer>
Module                Size   Used by

what happens if you type /sbin/modprobe 3c59x ?
<answer>
modprobe: Can't open dependencies file /lib modules/2.4.8-26mdk/modules.dep
(No such file or directory)

After doing the above if no error messages are reported,
what does /sbin/ifconfig say?
<answer>
lo  Link encap: Local loopback
    UP LOOPBACK RUNNING: MTU: 16436  Metric: 1
    RX packets: 0  errors: 0  dropped: 0  overruns: 0  frame: 0
    TX packets: 0  errors: 0  dropped: 0  overruns: 0  frame: 0  collisions:
0  Txqueuelen: 0

how about /sbin/ifconfig -a ?
<answer>
lo  Link encap: Local loopback
    UP LOOPBACK RUNNING: MTU: 16436  Metric: 1
    RX packets: 0  errors: 0  dropped: 0  overruns: 0  frame: 0
    TX packets: 0  errors: 0  dropped: 0  overruns: 0  frame: 0  collisions:
0  Txqueuelen: 0

NOTE:  I may have to re-install Mandrake 8.1 overall if this doesn't work...

--Ray