[luau] Lost my Window Manager in GNOME

Ralph Miranda dragonhawk007 at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 15 09:21:09 PST 2002

>The directions you gave for getting my desktop back was perfect.
>However, now I just lot my Windows manager in GNOME... sheesh...
>please advise?

Bring up a terminal and type:
    sawfish

--Ray

Ray,

I got out of KDE and went back into Gnome where I did a right click on the
desktop.  I activated a terminal and typed the command.  It worked great but
I got the panel back but no windows management functions.  When I activated
my browser, all I got was the browser in my lower left hand side of the
screen and I couldn't move it anywhere.  To close it, I had to go to "File"
   "Close".   So, the typical Windows "Title Bar", "minimize icon", etc.
didn't appear.

Ralph