[luau] Lost my Desktop

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Tue Mar 12 09:46:29 PST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ray Strode" <halfline at hawaii.rr.com>
To: <luau at videl.ics.hawaii.edu>
Sent: Monday, March 11, 2002 11:01 AM
Subject: Re: [luau] Lost my Desktop

> > To all,
> >
> > I had my desktop a couple days ago then it disappeared... I don't know
> > what happened and I have been going through the system to figure it
> > out...I'm running on Mandrake 8.1 and using "Gnome"..  (I'm having
> > more fun using this than KDE)
> >
> > Thank you,
> > Ralph Miranda (DragonHawk)
>
> Nautilus may have crashed.  When that happens if you save your session
> on logout, it won't come back.  To get it back,
> goto "Start Here" or just run "nautilus & disown & exit" at a shell.

Yeah, I've noticed that happening to Nautilus myself.  I eventually figured
out that wiping out the ~/.gnome/session file fixes this.  I hope they get
this bug fixed.  Rather annoying when you have dozens of user accounts and
the only option is to kill their session file upon every login.

Anyone know a way of removing that checkbox in the logout menu asking them
if they want to save their current session?  That tends to cause problems
for me too.