[luau] Useful Tool: Compiler Cache

Ray Strode halfline at hawaii.rr.com
Sat Mar 9 18:49:44 PST 2002

>It parses all pre-processor stuff to be sure all code, even header .h files
>are unchanged before using the cached output.  It claims to be smart enough
>to avoid recompiling in the event of changes to comments.

Does that mean it runs GCC's preprocessor (gcc -E) on each file and then
diff or something?
If that's the case, I think it's going to be much slower than make.
 Albeit, my statements are
completely unqualified, because I haven't really looked into it.  It
seems to me that constructing
a makefile isn't too much trouble for the extra time and space savings.

--Ray