[luau] Local Root Hole in OpenSSH

andersons001 at hawaii.rr.com andersons001 at hawaii.rr.com
Fri Mar 8 10:58:42 PST 2002

>Will this be a problem with FreeBSD?
>
>Ralph

 If you are talking about my OpenSSH 3.1p installation problems with RedHat
6.2 and OpenBSD, it turns out that I did not have OpenSSL 0.9.6 installed. The
latest 6.2 rpm provided by RedHat that I found was OpenSSL 0.9.5. So I built
and installed OpenSSL 0.9.6c by hand, and OpenSSH 3.1p installed fine.

So as long as you have the required software libraries, especially OpenSSH 0.9.6,
then a FreeBSD OpenSSH 3.1p should go fine.

Thanks to Ken for providing the tip that OpenSSH 0.9.6 is required for OpenSSH
3.1.

Steve Anderson