[luau] dns question?

Jaymes Schooler jimsch at ichgroup.com
Wed Mar 6 11:13:37 PST 2002

Yes.

for WinNT create a HOSTS file in %SystemRoot%\system32\drivers\etc

Make your entries like this:

44.44.45.1 'testserver'

Idea...

Add the network and host info into the /etc/mail/access file like this

10.0	      RELAY
192.168.	RELAY
192.1.1.72	RELAY

Why not add RELAY in your sendmail.mc file and add
FEATURE(`access_db', `hash -o /etc/mail/access')
and
FEATURE('relay_hosts_only')

ACCESS_LIST in your sendmail.mc then add the IP addresses or the subnet into
the access file in /etc/mail directory then do rebuild your /etc/sendmail.cf
file using:

M4 /etc/mail/sendmail.mc > /etc/sendmail.cf

After you do this all hosts on the 192.168.x.x and the 10.0.x.x network and
the host 192.1.1.72 can relay and receive mail from your sendmail.

That way you don't have to worry about MicroCrap's settings

Just make sure to read the Man Pages on sendmail

Jim