[luau] LUAU List Transition Begins Now

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Fri Mar 1 01:33:32 PST 2002

beyond Thursday on the old list will not be transferred to the archives on
the new server.
luau at videl.ics.hawaii.edu
If you did not receive a welcome message and wish to manually subscribe,
change settings or request the password to be mailed to you again, please
use the Administrative Interface at this address.

LUAU posts must be mailed to
luau at videl.ics.hawaii.edu

http://videl.ics.hawaii.edu/pipermail/luau/
LUAU Majordomo Archives from 1998-1999 and all Lyris archives from
2000-today have been integrated into the Mailman Pipermail archive at this
address.  Ray Strode deserves the credit on fixing up scripts to convert the
broken date format from the Lyris database to mbox format.  He is now
working on getting the archives to display threads correctly, hopefully that
will be up in a day or two.

The old Lyris luau at luau.hi.net list will remain up for a while during a
transition period while we confirm everything is going smoothly on the new
list.  Once the archives are completely converted to the new format and we
heard from most people, the old lists will be retired.  Reminders about the
list transition will be posted to the old list every few days, and
discussion on that list will be strictly discouraged on penalty of cruel and
unusual torture.

You can optionally unsubscribe from the old list here:
http://maile.hi.net/cgi-bin/lyris.pl?enter=luau&text_mode=0&lang=english

Please give thanks to the following folks who made all this possible:
1. Hurricane Internet HI.NET for their many years in hosting the Hawaii
Linux community list.
2. Jay at hi.net of Hurricane Internet that supported us over the years.
3. University of Hawaii ICS Department for hosting the VIDEL server.
4. Ray Strode for hacking the Lyris conversion scripts.
5. People on the list who will soon help with small monetary donations to
add a mirrored RAID array to VIDEL so we can be a bit more reliable than the
current single IDE disk.  <nudge>

Now we will finally grow beyond 200 users!

Warren Togami
warren at togami.com