[luau] interesting article via /.

Charles Lockhart lockhart at jeans.ifa.hawaii.edu
Wed Jun 26 07:07:00 PDT 2002

http://www.msnbc.com/news/772215.asp?cp1=1#BODY

I think most of the reviews of the article I read through on /. felt that
this was a negative viewpoint, but I didn't think that way at all.

Obviously linux hype is down a lot from a couple of years ago, but that's
pretty much how everything has gone.  But the numbers of companies that
are "using or testing Linux" seemed pretty good, as did their quote "Linux
used to be just a bunch of geeks trying to change the industry," said
Elizabeth Phillips, a Hewlett-Packard spokesperson. "Now Linux is becoming
more mainstream every day."

and several other complimentary things.

The few things I really didn't go for were the dumbass linux
consultant's quote ""It's for geeks," said Faber Fedor, a New Jersey-based
consultant who helps small businesses upgrade to Linux.", which really
isn't helpful, and their statement that until recently Linux was almost
entirely text driven (I guess it depends on what they mean by
recently...).

Maybe I'm just feeling optomistic today...

-Charles