[luau] Webalizer Question

S Chouinard susanc at hawaii.rr.com
Tue Jun 25 11:52:00 PDT 2002

Hi,

I hope this isn't off-topic. I'm trying to use Webalizer and Apache on
RedHat to track a print ad for a website. I want to give my print ads unique
URLs and be able to track the traffic generated by them in Webalizer. I'd
prefer not to have the user typing in a long URL where there is room for an
error that won't get them to our site, such as domain.domain.com/ or a URL
that could be long or confusing such as domain.com/file.html. So I created a
"Redirect temp" in Apache for domain.com/directory/ to go to the home page.
However, Webalizer doesn't seem to pick up on it either in URLs or in
Referrers. Is it because the Redirect causes Webalizer to see it as a direct
request to the home page?

Maybe I'm complicating things? If anyone has suggestions on this I'd really
appreciate it.

Thanks,
SC