[luau] bootable raid and the MBR

MonMotha monmotha at indy.rr.com
Mon Jun 24 18:16:01 PDT 2002

Make sure you asess your situations when setting up that much swap.

If you're ever going to actually use that swap (in anything other than
an EXTREMELY dire circumstance...4GB is an awful lot to swap out if it's
actively being used), it might be better to just add more physical RAM.

The 2x your RAM rule is usually only taken up to 512MB (for 1GB swap)
because after that, if all the swap were to ever actually be used, the
system would probably be mostly unusable as 4GB is just a lot of data to
have swapped out.

I'm not saying don't use that much swap, but 4GB of swap is a WHOLE
LOTTA swap space, and if it ever actually needs to be used, your system
probably needs more physical RAM, and the disk space is going wasted.

--MonMotha