[luau] Apache exploit circulating, users urged to patch

Dean Fujioka surfdean at hawaii.rr.com
Sun Jun 23 21:51:00 PDT 2002

Ray,
Are you using RedHat 6.2?  I had an issue with that.
What is your CMOS clock set to?

Ray Strode wrote:

> Dean Fujioka wrote:
>
>> Ray, Can you change your  date / time.. I think you're in
>> yesterdayland  ;-)
>

> I'd love to fix the problem, but i'm not exactly sure how...observe:
>
> [halfline at emptyfish] (~) < 5:18PM>
> $ date
> Fri Jun 21 17:18:47 GMT-10 2002
>
> [halfline at emptyfish] (~) < 5:18PM>
> $ date -u
> Fri Jun 21 07:18:48 UTC 2002

 I believe that the CMOS clock had to be set back + or - 10 to
compensate if during install I told it that I was somewhere other than
at GMT (i.e. in Hawaii's HST at -10  hrs)... never did find a different
fix...

> Note my time is correct, but...it thinks UTC is 10 hours behind me
> and not the other way around!.
>
> odd, eh?

very...but it seems that this time warp on your part is a relatively new
event... what changed?

dean