[luau] Can you make a living doing Linux?

Dan George linuxdan at hawaii.rr.com
Sun Jun 23 20:34:00 PDT 2002

Thats a question that deals with any OS. Can you make a living doing Novell,
to that I would say no.  Unless Novell does something drasticly, they will
be the IMAC of the OS industry.  (IMAC no longer exists they are now
replaced with EMACs) Linux is up and coming. Even though through rumor or
misinformation Linux should have
a larger piece of the pie by now, Microsofts stomping effort combined with
misinformation about the product, has delayed Linux in many areas such as
home and medium to large businesses. But within the next 2-3 years Linux is
going to have a bigger piece of the pie by leaps and bounds. Im confident
enough to devote 80 of my time learning as much as I can (taking Linux
classes and putting a Linux network together at home) about Redhat.  But the
networking jobs are out there and growing.