[luau] News: Why Linux-loaded laptops have sold poorly

Dan George linuxdan at hawaii.rr.com
Sun Jun 23 15:23:01 PDT 2002

I strongly disagree. Im IBM certified and have been a tech for almost 20
years.  IBM just contracted with Sherwin-Williams who adopted the IBM Linux
platform.
IBM will be installing over 9,700 of its M41 NetVista desktops in 2,500 of
their stores nation wide. And will run one Linux Server at each store
running Turbo Linux. I would say thats a good deal and a new beginning for a
lot of old businesses who are finally thinking logically for a change.

Dan