[luau] Slackware 8.1 is out!

MonMotha monmotha at indy.rr.com
Wed Jun 19 10:31:01 PDT 2002

"Slackware 8.1 has been released. Highlights of this release include KDE
3.0.1, GNOME 1.4.1 (with new additions like Evolution), the long-awaited
Mozilla 1.0 browser, support for many new filesystems like ext3,
ReiserFS, JFS, and XFS, and support for several new SCSI and ATA RAID
controllers."

I've always liked Slackware, and from the prereleases this looks to be
another exceptional release (though I'm still upset about the startup
script changes that happened at 7.1 and 8.0, but anyway).  For those
unfamiliar with Slackware, it's a minimalist distribution that doesn't
get in your way, but also won't hold your hand.  It's a great
distribution for those who want to force themselves to learn a bit more
about what's going on under the hood.

This post made from 100% recycled Slashdot headlines.

--MonMotha