[luau] Startup Disk for 7.2

Ray Strode halfline at hawaii.rr.com
Wed Jun 19 05:05:00 PDT 2002

>In class our instructor criticized 7.3 and instead of instructing in 7.3 he used 7.2.

I think that's a pretty common thing among people new to certain
software.  They try to use it and when they do, they come to realize
that some aspects of it changed since the last version they used, and
other things don't seem to work at all (there are always hitches with
anything new, whether related to problems in the software or the user)
and so they dismiss it. going back to the previous version that they
were accustomed to.

Make no mistake though, Red Hat 7.3 is a very solid release.  Better
than 7.2 in many ways.

>But unfortuneately the disk copy I have is bad of 7.2 and they dont sell it
>anymore at CompUSA.

Do you have a CD-burner?  If you really want 7.2, then why don't you
download it?  It is free for download, from ftp.redhat.com (and other
spots, such as speakeasy.rpmfind.net).  You can also buy burns of it for
like 3-5 bucks at places like http://www.cheapbytes.com and
http://www.linuxmall.com.  I'm sure there are people on this list who
have 7.2 gaining dust on their CD shelves who would be willing to mail
it to you or give it to you at the next mplug event.