[luau] Open Letter to FHB Online

Ben Beeson beesond001 at hawaii.rr.com
Tue Jun 18 21:13:01 PDT 2002

FWIW,

	Probably the best reason to repair the web server has nothing to do with the
technical merits of hte design itself and everything to do with customer
service.  Account holders and other paying customers should be allowed to
access their data regardless of their choice of browser so long as it
complies with the banks encryption policy.  That interface should be
transparent to the user so as many current and potential customers as
possible can use it--from a business perspective, the more the merrier.

	One of my bank accounts lives at a bank in Colorado.  That bank's web page
and web based account access works great with every browser I've tried that
is 128-bit SSL capable.  My insurance company and my broker account web
access are all equally as functional with any browser I've tried.  I am
thankful for that capability because it allows me to do a fair amount of
on-line work without waiting on music hold and snail mailing things back and
forth...  If FHB wants me to have an account with them, they need to at least
meet the service I'm getting from the banks I currently use.

Respectfully,

Ben