[luau] WalMart (Lindows) Linux

Joe Linux joelinux at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 17 06:22:00 PDT 2002

Wayne makes some really good points.  The fact of the matter is that
Linux in general has been missing a common hardware base.  At least
these WalMart Computers should solve that problem.  It should be easy
enough to change out "Lindows" to Mandrake if someone so chooses. Also
this very significant in that it starts to release the M$ stranglehold
on the PC market.  As a side note, I saw a "eMac" at ChumpUSA the other
day and was rather unimpressed.  It really has the look and feel of
cheap plastic junk and somehow the alleged 17" screen doesn't seem to
help much.