[luau] RE: NEED GUIDANCE IN INSTALLING APACHE WITH PHP

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Sun Jun 16 23:50:00 PDT 2002

On Sat, 2002-06-15 at 20:36, Noli Boado wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I'm a newbie in Linux.  I managed to install Mandrake 7.2 on an AMD
> Athlon 1900+.   Anybody can give me some tips on how to install Apache with
> PHP?
>
> mahalo
> Noli

I would highly recommend using the latest version Mandrake 8.2 before
attempting to use Apache with PHP.  It is much easier to install and
configure the services, and they will not be vulnerable to well known
PHP security holes.

The Software Manager in Mandrake 8.2 is much easier to understand than
kpackage in Mandrake 7.2.  It will handle automatic dependency
resolution in installing packages that it needs in order to use the
package that you want, and it will also handle automatic updates.