[luau] Installing packages

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Sun Jun 16 23:46:01 PDT 2002

On Sun, 2002-06-16 at 21:31, Dan George wrote:
> Hi Gang
>               Have a problem installing driver for my netgear NIC on my Sony
> Vaio Laptop. I installed 7.1  but no drivers available except for 7.0.  Will
> those work for 7.1 on my Laptop if I update it?  How do I get those drivers
> off the CD to the etc file that has all the drivers? Im just a basic user
> (just took my first Linux class) but really would like to get this PCM card
> rolling. What other card would you recommend that works with Linux?  Also
> have a copy of 7.2 that the Sony LPT wouldnt recognize on boot.  The startup
> disk I have for 7.0 wouldnt work for 7.2 but did work for 7.1, why?
>
> Thanks
> Dan

Please try Red Hat 7.3.  Chances are any driver issue you had previously
will be no problem with the much newer kernel within RH 7.3.  If it
still doesn't work please ask again and we will troubleshoot.

And to answer MonMotha's question, yes Red Hat did move from kernel
2.2.x to 2.4.x from 7.0 to 7.1.