[luau] Installing packages

Dan George LinuxDan at hawaii.rr.com
Sun Jun 16 21:32:00 PDT 2002

Hi Gang
              Have a problem installing driver for my netgear NIC on my Sony
Vaio Laptop. I installed 7.1  but no drivers available except for 7.0.  Will
those work for 7.1 on my Laptop if I update it?  How do I get those drivers
off the CD to the etc file that has all the drivers? Im just a basic user
(just took my first Linux class) but really would like to get this PCM card
rolling. What other card would you recommend that works with Linux?  Also
have a copy of 7.2 that the Sony LPT wouldnt recognize on boot.  The startup
disk I have for 7.0 wouldnt work for 7.2 but did work for 7.1, why?

Thanks
Dan