[luau] slashdot.org

Taylor Cody Civ SAIC/PETS Cody.Taylor at hickam.af.mil
Fri Jun 14 09:49:01 PDT 2002

McAfee Manufactures Virus Threat
Posted by michael on Friday June 14, @10:30AM
from the virus-laboratory-has-new-sinister-meaning dept.
The sleaze has gotten out of hand; it's time to roast a group of 20 or so
companies whose profits are directly linked to creating fear in their
customers,,,
found at:
http://features.slashdot.org/features/02/06/14/1343223.shtml?tid=166
- I think most people feel the same way about anti-virus companies but I
can't remember reading to many articles about it.

Posted by michael on Friday June 14, @11:30AM
from the penguins-in-the-heartland dept.
Tonetheman writes "Walmart is now shipping low cost PC's with Lindows
pre-installed. And yes I know there was a review earlier on Slashdot about
installing Linux on one of these bad boys. This is different and much more
exciting. To think of the legions of rednecks who could now possibly be
running Lindows instead of Windows..." There's a Newsforge story too.
Hopefully Lindows makes a good impression.
found at: http://slashdot.org/articles/02/06/14/1457251.shtml?tid=163
- Just ignore the "Wal-Mart customers are rednecks" insinuation, if you
think it's an insult.  Im new to Linux so I don't have an opinion about to
many distros.  My gut tells me that Wal-Mart has the right intentions, but
they went with Lindows solely on the naming similarities.  What do you guys
think.  Personally I think what Wal-Mart is doing is awesome, and ive always
loved the store.  I don't think you will see this company falling for a
Micr$oft bribe anytime soon.

Cody Taylor
Northrop Grumman,Information Technology,
PACAF ETS
Hickam AFB, Honolulu, HI
808-449-4102