[luau] Reminder: Tomorrow's Linux Servers Seminar

Joel joel at lava.net
Thu Jun 13 14:25:01 PDT 2002

I've recorded the last four MPLUG meetings, and plan to come to today's
meeting, as well. Warren has CDs of everything (except for last week's
meeting, which I'll bring this evening).

I've been recording to MiniDV. My process goes something like this:

1. tape the meeting
2. dump the tape to my hard drive with dvgrab
3. dv2jpg to create mjpeg-encoded avi's that I can process further...
4. mjpegtools to convert the avi's to an mpeg
5. gcombust to burn the mpeg to CD
6. re-use the tape

At some point, I'll also do some editing, instead of just raw dumps, but
that's not going to be today. ;-)

--Joel