[luau] picking up bunch of computers on Wednesday LTSP projec t

Taylor Cody Civ SAIC/PETS Cody.Taylor at hickam.af.mil
Mon Jun 10 08:30:00 PDT 2002

> Cody,
> I have the zip drives removed from the earlier batch of computers.  Will
> you pick them up anytime soon?

Warren,

Yep, we can exchange them on Thursday morning if we do an equipment run, or
at the seminar Thursday evening, or Friday morning.  The name of equipment
custodian I work with Brent Rofoli.  He sent the following message to the
base custodian this morning just so ya know.  Cody

_________________________________

Ron,

Would you please forward this to all the custodians and ask that they get in
contact with Warren Togami prior to performing
a DRMO run.  Equipment, which might seem like junk could actually be
utilized by these individuals for schools.

He's the founder of a non profit organization whose sole purpose is to set
up networks running Linux for schools in need of it.

To make things easier, they will come here and pick up any equipment being
donated.

Thanks,
Brent

Mission statement:
Donated hardware will go toward our Linux in Educational Intiative where we
use cost effective Linux technologies to extend the life of old hardware to
make truly it useful for school usage.  We intend to eventually target every
Hawaii State public and private school.  Each school can receive free
training, free installation and free limited support in order to increase
the accessibility of computers at minimal costs.

Ultimately, in addition to being of great benefit to Hawaii education, this
will also help to expand the Hawaii tech job market by opening opportunities
a new paradigm, the Software Customization Service Industry, a huge untapped
market that is well served by Linux and Open Source Software.  Many software
dollars will be spent toward local integrators and custom programming rather
than National or International businesses.