[luau] Re: 1st batch of USAF Dell computers

Taylor Cody Civ SAIC/PETS Cody.Taylor at hickam.af.mil
Mon Jun 10 08:22:01 PDT 2002

Scott or Warren,

Is it possible to make another run to base for computers Thursday?  If not
Thursday how about early Friday morning?  This group is the lower end
machines in the back room and the SUN machines.

Thanks,
Cody

> What kind of trouble is the bios having with the ram?

These are 233MHz Pentium II's with a 66MHz system bus.  I think at the
time they were built PC100 RAM wasn't invented yet.  Their BIOSes expect
PC66 RAM.  Although PC100 or PC133 RAM works fine at 66MHz, their BIOSes
complain a bootup, necessitating one to hit F1 on the keyboard to
continue booting.  Jeffrey Zidek thinks that Dell has a BIOS update at
their site that will fix this, so we will hopefully resolve this during
the upcoming week.