[luau] Programming List

Brian Chee chee at hawaii.edu
Fri Jun 7 08:30:01 PDT 2002

One of the things of note is that I'm pushing ICS majors to opensource their
ICS499 and ICS699 projects more (as well as a few other ICS Profs).  I'm
hoping to post the name/etc of a new module that we're polishing now that
gives LDAP authentication for anything...it's a module that drops in and if
you authenticate, it will drop your mac address into the IPTables rules set
and allows you traffic to pass for xxx hours.  The intent is to be able to
have open, but slightly protected laptop/wireless access in order to satisfy
the rules about internet2.  (eg. The rule is to now have any connection
directly to the I2 that is open and inable to tie use to a person.  This is
to prevent completely anonymous hacking over some VERY big pipes)

We've got it working now with UH accounts and the UH LDAP, but need to
modify it so that it will work nicely with openldap.  I'm still trying to
find another student that's willing to modify it for Active Directory since
that has become popular.

We're sincerely hoping to opensource that quite soon.

/brian chee

University of Hawaii ICS Dept
Advanced Network Computing Lab
1680 East West Road, POST rm 311