[luau] First Hawaiian Bank and Mozilla

Jeff Mings jeffm at lava.net
Wed Jun 5 23:43:00 PDT 2002

Hi Warren,

    I've also been irritated that the FHB site will deny Mozilla and
Konqueror for no real reason.  You can't see the code that sniffs the
browser - it's in a server-side script at
https://fhbonline.fhb.com/site.fsp?Module=SignOn .   Just tell them that
the same browser that is rejected (Konqueror) will be received when it
lies about being Internet Exploder and everything is rendered
beautifully thereafter.  They probably do this because their pages are
so chock full of Javascript - to the point of seeming obsessive.  On the
other hand, Central Pacific Bank, which my business account is at, uses
Javascript mostly for the pulldowns and fairly ordinary HTML for the
rest of the stuff.  The Lizard is warmly received at CPBI without
hesitation.

-Jeff