[luau] Firewalls for Linux

MonMotha monmotha at indy.rr.com
Wed Jun 5 19:50:00 PDT 2002

A simpler solution (without all the fancy GUIs of course) is possibly on
a much lower powered system than this.

I personally ran my 56k using an older version of my iptables ruleset on
a 486-SX/25 with 24MB of RAM.  Worked great.

Of course, I'm plugging my ruleset, but it's also possible to write your
own of course.  It does require some networking knowledge of course, but
it can also be a great learning experience.  On the plus side, the box
doesn't have to be very powerful at all (a 486 should be able to handle
a cable connection, though a P133 or so might be a safter bet).

--MonMotha