[luau] SuSE Linux is great! Hopefully UnitedLinux won't hurt that!!!!

Dustin Cross dusty at sandust.com
Mon Jun 3 21:03:00 PDT 2002

I have been using SuSE for a few years and really like it.  I moved away to
Mandrake for a little while, because the GUI tools were really nice and I
was getting lazy, but they worked out the bugs in YAST2 in 7.3 and that is
what I run on my server now.

YAST2 is great!  It gives a nice GUI to do almost everything on the system.
Plus it has an almost identical command line interface to do all the same
stuff.  I have no monitor connected to my server so I ssh in run YAST2 at
the command line and I can do everything.  The command line use of the
grafical config tool is what puts SuSE over the top for me.  The only
problem is that YAST2 modifies a file with about a 1000 variables!  SuSE
then has several scripts that use that file to modily every config file on
the system.  SO if you manually edit some config file and then run YAST2,
it wil over write your changes, most of the time.  It has given me a few
warnings in 7.3 that a file has been manually edited and saves the manual
version before writing its changes.

All in all I really like SuSE.

Dusty