[luau] Network Printing Issue

al plant webmaster at hawaiidakine.com
Sun Jun 2 12:03:40 PDT 2002

Hi Gurus,

I am having a problem getting a RedHat 7.2 box to print through a
Caldera Based print server.

I was able to get a Mandrake box and another Caldera box to work on this
print server with a, straight forward out of the book,  printcap file.
After having other issues with Caldera and Mandrake boxes we picked
redhat. But I cant get the Redhat Printcap to find the print server and
run it.

Any sample scripts from a Redhat box that work to a Linux print server
like the Caldera box I have working would be appreciated.

Aloha! Al Plant - Webmaster http://hawaiidakine.com
Providing FAST DSL Service for $28.00 /mo. Member Small Business Hawaii.
Running FreeBSD 4.5 UNIX & Caldera Linux 2.4 & RedHat 7.2
Support OPEN SOURCE in Business Computing. Phone 808-622-0043