[luau] Help With Dual Boot Install

Eric Hattemer hattenator at imapmail.org
Sun Jun 2 00:59:00 PDT 2002

I imagine its possible for llilo or grub to go bad or whatnot, but to
install lilo or grub generally works fine.  Booting linux from ntldr is much
more complicated than booting windows from lilo or grub.  If you set up
lilo, and it explodes and dies, (which I've never seen happen), boot off a
linux install CD, start up fdisk, and set the windows partition to be the
active partition.  This will get you directly into windows the next time you
boot.  This is only necessary if you mess something up.  Win winNT/2000/XP,
you can go into the partition editor (win2000 is control panel,
administraive tools, computer management.).  then go in there and set the
linux partition as active, and you can get another shot at setting up lilo.

-Eric Hattemer