[luau] Help With Dual Boot Install

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Sat Jun 1 21:22:00 PDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "S Chouinard" <susan at cloud10.com>
To: <luau at videl.ics.hawaii.edu>
Sent: Saturday, June 01, 2002 7:16 PM
Subject: RE: [luau] Help With Dual Boot Install

> Oops, folks, that's initrd, not inetrd... sorry.
>

> > I've downloaded the ISO images and created a boot disk, but when

You can set your BIOS to boot CD-ROM before hard drive, then you can boot
the installer directly off the Red Hat CD-ROM.  Unfortunately it wouldn't be
any different than the bootdisk that you made because CD-ROM booting
emulates a floppy drive booting the same floppy image.

> > I boot, it
> > tries to load inetrd and then I get an error and it stops there.

That must be an installer bug.  Can you please send your system information
including:
Processor
Motherboard make and model
RAM