[luau] My schedule - how you can help

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Wed Jul 31 10:54:01 PDT 2002

Today (Wednesday):
I am about to leave for Mililani High School to meet with their Vice
Principal and tech teacher about Linux for their school.  After our initial
meeting last week at Mililani there is  a real possibility of two Linux Thin
Client labs of 30 clients, several Linux servers and a Linux mentorship
program to help teach their kids about the system.  Wish me luck!

Thursday or Friday:
I will be at Mid-Pac most of the day into the evening.  I could use help
with the following tasks.  Please reply if you can help on either day.
* Thin Clients for St. John the Baptist school (initially 15 computers) need
to be configured with the bootable NIC's and tested.
* About 25 monitors donated from the IRS still must be tested.
* Broken monitors must be transported and given to the monitor repair guy.
Scott or Dean do you have this guy's address, phone number or e-mail?
* Somebody negotiate with the repair guy - because we're giving him so many
broken monitors, perhaps he could give us a small # of repaired monitors in
return?
* Configure a simple Linux NAT firewall for Hawaii Alliance for Arts
Education that has an office on campus.  iptables rules would need to
disallow access to any hosts on the subnet of the Internet interface, only
allowing access to the Internet.  Did that make sense?  MonMotha is this
possible with your script?

More tasks will be posted soon...