[luau] Tonight MPLUG Online Chat meeting - Linux for Schools

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Tue Jul 30 13:12:00 PDT 2002

Tuesday, July 30th, 2002 at 8:30pm
AIM (AOL Instant Messenger) Online Chat Meeting
MPLUG and Linux for Schools
Message me at "Laven2" in order to join the chatroom.

Tonight we will discuss the status of the Linux for schools project,
including technical details, computer refurbishing/testing/inventorying and
the current status of the schools.

Today I talked with State Senator Brian Taniguchi about the capabilities of
this Linux for Schools initiative, and the possible long term economic
benefits.  There are also exciting new developments regarding Mililani high
school and possibly 60 new thin clients + several servers there.

If you do not already have AIM, it is very quick and easy to use on any
platform.  If you have the Java plugin you do not even need to install a
client, because it can load from your web browser.  If you use GAIM in
Linux, it is an even better client than the official AIM client for Windows.

Windows AIM
http://www.aim.com/get_aim/win/latest_win.adp
Java AIM
http://www.aim.com/get_aim/express/aim_expr.adp
GAIM for Linux & Unix
http://gaim.sourceforge.net/

If you need assistance in configuring the Java plugin or GAIM on Linux,
please write back to the list and we will help you.

Warren Togami
warren at togami.com