[luau] Re: processor opinion

Tim Burgess tburgess at hawaii.edu
Sun Jul 28 13:01:01 PDT 2002

>I am going to upgrade my home computer, but I am unsure of what
>processor to go with, AMD or Pentium 4. The main uses of the computer
>would be for 3D modeling/animation, video creation/editing..

I don't know exactly how much 3D modelling/animation and video work you
want to do but maybe think about a decent video card. With the latest cards
supporting vertex shading and pixel shading, you can do some pretty radical
things real-time *if* the package supports it. See:

http://www.nvidia.com/docs/IO/3034/ATT/videofx_crack.jpg

Tim Burgess