[luau] processor opinion

W. Wayne Liauh LiauhW001 at Hawaii.rr.com
Sun Jul 28 09:26:01 PDT 2002

Many benchmarks can be misleading because they were using RDRAM for
Pentium 4.  The Pentium 4s are designed to run with the Rambus DRAM,
which, for a number of reasons, has completely disappeared from Intel's
recent roadmaps.  With RDRAM, Pentium 4 is a crippled CPU.

Athlon XPs are more cost-effective then Pentium 4s.  Actually,
personally I would still prefer Athlon XPs even if there were at the
same price.  The lowered price of Athlon XP is simply a bonus.

But, YES, I will definitely get a Clawhammer when it comes out.  This
could be THE most exciting event for the stagnant or even (obviously)
dwindling PC industry.