[luau] HardDisc Partitioning

W. Wayne Liauh LiauhW001 at Hawaii.rr.com
Sun Jul 28 09:15:01 PDT 2002

<Just one, why is your /var so big?  at 13.5GB it's the biggest partition
on your system while being one of the least used.  Unless you are
running a mail server or news server, /var is generally only used to
store logs and some config files.

--MonMotha>

Good question.  I am not running any server.  But the default
installation of Win4Lin creates a shared partition in /var.
Some of the Windows programs that I am using (e.g., a Webster
dictionary with pronunciations) take almost 1 GB of HD space.